1. Recognize that God pursues you with love and offers salvation.
His love includes you.
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
He has new life for you.
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full” (John 10:10a).
2. Recognize that sin separates you from God and others.
Sin is rebellion against God’s Word and will for us. Everyone has sinned.
“For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
Sin brings death. “For the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23a).
Our own efforts cannot save us.
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9).
3. Recognize that Jesus Christ died and rose again for our sins.
Jesus Christ died in our place.
“But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).
He is the way to new life.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!” (2 Corinthians 5:17).
He gives inner peace.
“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” (Romans 5:1).
He gives eternal life.
“But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23b).
4. You must repent and ask God for forgiveness.
Admit and confess your sins to God.
“Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy.” (Proverbs 28:13).
• To acknowledge your sins.
• To be sorry for your sins.
• To confess your sins.
• To be willing to walk away and leave your sins.
• To have your life changed by Christ.
Forgiveness is promised.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).
5. Place your trust in Christ and receive Him as your Savior.
Christ is ready to receive you right now. Are you ready to ask Him?
“Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me” (Revelation 3:20).
Will you pray this prayer?
Lord Jesus, I want to have life. I know that I have sinned. I need Your forgiveness and pardon. I believe that You died and rose again for my sins. I now accept You as my personal Savior. I will forsake my sinful life. I know that Your grace and power will enable me to live for You. Thank You, Jesus, for saving me and for giving me a new life.
It is not a one time magic pill but a daily choice. A choice to walk away from poor choices, rebellion, and sinful natures. We cannot do this on our own, nor were we meant to.
• Be assured of Christ’s forgiveness.
• Read your Bible and pray daily.
• Find a concerned pastor and other Christians.
• Become a vital part of that church.
• Share your faith with others.